Wednesday, August 13, 2008

5 things I'm looking forward to at Annual

To be honest, I'm usually incredibly nervous and generally get a feeling of awkwardness before attending an ASAE and the Center event. It's probably because I'm not much of a networker. Odds are you may have seen me at a recent event sitting against the wall reading or typing away like a fly on wall.

However, I have a good feeling Annual will be different. Why?

Five reasons this ASAE and Center conference will be different than others I've attended:
  • I know people. Thanks to blogging (even the minimal amount I do) and participation in ASAE and the Center, I have a solid social network of folks to connect and reconnect with.
  • Unblogger Con - I was a bit bummed that I'm going to miss the blogger con, but no worries now thanks to Ben and the Uncon
  • YAP -There's a new group in town and its getting bigger. Spreading the good word should be fun. And how could I forget the crazy 80s party?
  • YP Committee - I'm hoping to meet/catch up with fellow commitee members to help pad my network on Sat.
  • The ASAE back channel via twitter. Not a big twitter user but I have about 2 days to get up to par, I'm interested to see it works.
That may be all for now. I'm not sure if I'll blog at the event or not - it depends if something catches my attention - which I'm sure it will.

thanks for reading,
bob