Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tag - I'm it

Elizabeth tagged me with the Unsession Meme to share my five short term-term volunteer gigs.
I agree with Elizabeth, not as easy as it sounds but here goes:

1. Facilitating the marketing idea swap in the middle of DC in the crazy snow (those who braved the elements - I truly appreciate it). This was awesome because I learned way more than I provided - if you get the chance, definitely attend one of these.
2. Speaking in general. While I always regret it right before the session, it always turns out to be a great experience (even if I can't get to the event I'm suppose to speak at).
3. Working with Lisa Junker on the Associations Now case study of Mike in Shot Down. Lisa's a blast and I have to admit - it was pretty cool seeing my name in Associations Now.
4. Teaching Sunday school at my local church. Not only was it cool to make paper masks with local kids, but my co-instructor was my lovely wife (I'd like to say I'm earning brownie points - but she rarely reads this :).
5. When I tutored back in school. I had some that were forced to go, but it was always fulfilling to help those students that went because they wanted to grasp the concepts and succeed.

Now there's a lot of tags going around - and I'm not sure who's available, or do I?

Tag! You're it!

If you read this post, comment your top short term volunteer memory (I'll go easy on you)

Thanks for reading,
bob
P.S. A change may be coming - I'm seriously evaluating a revamp of my blog. And if I do nothing else, as someone once told me "You need to change that weird baby headed picture, it's just freaky." I'll leave it for now - because I'm not sure you want to see the grown up me.