Monday, July 28, 2008

It's catching on...

For a while SWANA's been dabbling in youtube and overall the response has been pretty good (at some point I'll update the Social Media Wiki), but last week I knew it was starting to catch on. Our president, who shot one of our first youtube videos a year or so ago, sent a video for me to edit (it had a bit of formatting issues.) And wouldn't you know it, it was a message to a chapter event, similar to the messages we've been putting together.

While I give her all the credit in the world for a great video (it's better than our inhouse ones), something tells me our youtube experience last year may have put the seed in her mind. And the best part, after it premieres at the chapter event, with a little editing on the front and back, we have a video we can use that is exactly what we've been trying to get the whole time. Not forced, but empowered.

Just like our wiki's, my goal is to be in the middle as little as I possibly can - the more member2member interactions the better.

Thanks for reading,
bob

P.S. - I'm slowly getting myself together - crazy summer - and the fun's just beginning.